Language or literacy? DLD or Dyslexia?
By Becky Clark – a speech and language therapist who specialises in working with children with communication difficulties, including DLD, in the educational setting.
Language difficulties are hidden yet common and can have a major impact on literacy skills and learning. The talk will include consideration of:
* Different types of language difficulties
* Signs of language difficulties at primary and secondary school age
* Different labels used to describe language difficulties and recent consensus relating to Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)
* Links between language and literacy and the overlap between DLD and Dyslexia
* How Speech and Language Therapy can help, general strategies and recommended videos